The American Folk Blues Festival 1962-1966
M1630.18 .A44 2003 + Booklet
Reelin' In The Years Productions in association with Experience Hendrix, bring you the American Folk Blues Festival 1962-1966 Volumes One & Two. Recorded live in a small TV studio in Germany during the famed Festival's tours of Europe, these historic and unseen performances have been lost for nearly 40 years. Filmed with superb camera work and pristine sound, each DVD contains 18 complete performances from the greatest blues musicians of all time.
- Vol. 1
- Call me when you need me (T-Bone Walker)
- Hootin' blues (Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee)
- The blues is everywhere (Memphis Slim)
- I can't quit you baby (Otis Rush)
- Another night to cry (Lonnie Johnson)
- Women be wise (Sippie Wallace)
- Hobo blues (John Lee Hooker)
- Five long years (Eddie Boyd)
- Shakey's blues (Walter "Shakey" Horton)
- Hoodoo man blues (Junior Wells)
- Mean stepfather (Big Joe Williams)
- Going down to the river (Mississippi Fred McDowell)
- Weak brain and narrow mind (Willie Dixon)
- Nine below zero (Sonny Boy Williamson)
- Spann's blues (Otis Spann)
- Got my mojo working (Muddy Waters)
- Bye bye blues (Muddy Waters, Sonny Boy Williamson, Memphis Slim, Willie Dixon)
Disc is accompanied by 20 page booklet with historical notes by Rob Bowman.
Distributed by Universal Music & Video Distribution.