Manager's Hot Seat
HD31 .M293963 2004 DVD
"In today's workplace, managers are confronted daily with issues like ethics, diversity, working in teams, and the virtual workplace. The Manager's Hot Seat is an interactive DVD that allows students to watch as 15 real managers apply their years of experience to confront these issues. Students assume the role of the manager as they watch the video and answer multiple choice questions that pop up forcing them to make decisions on the spot. They learn from the manager's mistakes and successes, and then do a report critiquing the manager's approach by defending their reasoning" – Publisher's website.
- Disc 1
- Case 1. Office romance: Groping for answers
- Case 2. Ethics: Let's make a fourth quarter deal
- Case 3. Negotiation: Thawing the salary freeze
- Case 4. Privacy: Burned by the firewall?
- Case 5. Whistleblowing: Code red or red ink?
- Case 6. Change: More pain than gain?
- Case 7. Partnership: The unbalancing act
- Disc 2
- Case 8. Cultural differences: Let's break a deal
- Case 9. Project management: Steering the committee
- Case 10. Diversity: Mediating morality
- Case 11. Personal disclosure: Confession coincidence?
- Case 12. Virtual workplace: Out of office reply
- Case 13. Listening skills: Yeah, whatever
- Case 14. Diversity in hiring: Candidate conundrum
- Case 15. Working in teams: Cross-functional dysfunction
Distributed by McGraw-Hill Higher Education (www.mhhe.com).
Business & Economics
Contact Us: (541) 737-2538,