Research Study Rooms
Faculty and doctorate students can check out 90-day research rooms
Research study rooms are available for a 90-day loan period to faculty and doctorate students who are preparing for or have completed their oral exams.
Doctoral students must present a letter on OSU letterhead (example) from their department advisor confirming their scheduled oral exam or completion to qualify for a study room. The letter will be accepted at Circulation. The rooms may be shared by two patrons, if requested. Once the qualified student or Faculty member has received notification that a study room is available, the keycard may be picked up at Circulation.
Each research study room is equipped with a table, chair, shelves and a cork board. Wireless access is available in all rooms.
- Renewal is based on availability.
- All library materials kept in the rooms must be checked out. The library reserves the right to inspect rooms at any time and remove library materials that have not been checked out.
- Doors, walls and windows are to be kept clean and free of any covering, postings or artwork.
- If violations to study room policies are observed, the patron is notified. If violations are severe, the room may be revoked.
- Floors are cleaned on a regular basis. Please recycle your paper and dispose of your trash.
- The library is not responsible for any personal belongings left in the rooms.