Receiving Library Materials at Your Address or Computer
Who is eligible?
Delivery service is exclusively for off-campus faculty and students currently enrolled in an OSU Extended Campus program.
How long does it take?
Items owned by OSU libraries will be sent to you usually within one working day if available. There may be a few days’ delay if item is not on shelf. If we must borrow from other institutions, it may take 2 to 6 weeks, depending on how quickly that library responds to our request. Journal articles are usually delivered faster.
How much does it cost?
There are no delivery fees for Ecampus students; however, the borrower is responsible for:
- Return postage for books
- Overdue fines
- Replacement charges for any lost materials including materials lost during transit
There are two ways to return OSU library materials:
- By US Mail, FedEx, or UPS, send to the library address listed below. You may wish to use a form of delivery that provides a receipt, since you are responsible for the items until the library receives them.
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
Corvallis OR 97331–4501
- You may also return items in person to the circulation desks of the Valley Library, Guin Library, and Cascades-COCC Library
Finding Articles Online
- Do you want to find the full text of a specific article? To quickly see if OSU has an online version of the article, type the title of the journal. magazine or newspaper the article is in into the E-journal box. If there is a match for the journal title, make sure the dates of coverage include the date of your article before clicking on the link.
- In a database that includes full text articles, such as ERIC, always bring up the full pdf document before emailing it to yourself.
- If the database you are in does not have the full text of an article, but has the “360 Link to Fulltext” button, click on the button. The next page may direct you to an online version of the article.
- If the journal is not available online, Click on “Submit an interlibrary loan request”. Again, the 360 language will need to be changed to reflect both ILL and Scan & Deliver. Log in to Interlibrary Loan and Scan & Deliver and the article information will automatically be pasted into the article request form.
Ask Stefanie Buck, E-campus librarian, (541) 737-7273
Consult the Subject Librarian who specializes in your area for help with in-depth searching.
Call the Valley Library Reference Desk at (541) 737–7295 or Use 1-800-235-6559 during business hours; ask for extension 77295.