To avoid scheduling problems, please read the information below before requesting a room.
Reservation Guidelines and Priorities
Classroom assignments will be determined by considering availability, technology requirements, class size, and preference.
Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis, following these guidelines:
- Highest priority is for library instruction and library presentations.
- These classrooms are generally available for single-session events.
- Student Media Services has priority for the Willamette West.
Classroom scheduling is maintained by the Library.
Note: Requests are filled based on availability and priority use guidelines. Please submit your request 1-2 weeks ahead of time.
- Read guidelines for the room you wish to request:
- Check availability using the OSU Web Calendar before requesting a room and time:
- Fill out the Valley Library Classroom Reservation Form.
- Reservation requests are processed in the order in which they are received. You will receive an e-mail confirmation or denial during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. Reservations are not complete until a confirmation notice has been sent.
- All non-library reservations are tentative until two weeks prior to the event.
If you need to cancel or reschedule, please call the Classroom Hotline (737-4616) or reply back to the confirmation email.
Using the Rooms
- The person who reserves the room is responsible for the equipment, furniture and physical space during the time that the room has been scheduled.
- If you have not used the equipment before or need a refresher, please request it on the reservation form or contact the classroom hotline at 737-4616 for an orientation.
- Please do not use the classroom longer than your allotted time.
- No food or drink is allowed in Autzen or Barnard.
- Food and drink are only allowed in Willamette East and West with prior approval.
- You must show a picture ID when you check out the room key from the Learning Commons Information Desk. You will be asked to initial the checkout sheet when you take the key and again when you return the key.
- The person who signs for the key is responsible for its return. Please do not hand keys over to people who might be using the room immediately after you. It is a bit inconvenient, but the key needs to be checked in after each use.
- Willamette Seminar Rooms: The crank for opening and closing the wall partition is checked out with the key at the Learning Commons Information Desk. Please follow the directions posted on the wall carefully when you open and close the partition.
Leaving the Classroom
- Quit all programs and applications and log out, but please do NOT turn off or shut down the computers.
- Turn off all projection equipment, microphone, and lights.
- Return all furniture to the original configuration.
- Wipe off tables if food was served.
- Close and lock all doors.
- Report any technology problems when returning the key.
If a technician is required to perform special classroom setup, a $45/hr charge will be made (minimum 1hr charge). Make sure when scheduling the room, that special software needed is mentioned and allow 2 weeks time for setup.